Things you'll need:
Matte Black Eyeshadow- I used Urban Decay Blackout from Naked 2 Palette, but you can also use Bourjois Intense Eyeshadow #10
Matte Light Brown Eyeshadow- I used Buck from Urban Decay Naked Palette
Shimmery highlight eyeshadow-
Business Card - You'll know why =)
Black Kohl - I used Lakme Kohl Ultimate
Eyelash Curler- I used QVS Eyelash Curler
Mascara- I used Bourjois Fast & Perfect
Brushes- Too Faced Lid/Smoker brush, Sigma E30 pencil Brush, Sigma E45 Blending Brush
- After using eyeshadow primer, apply matte black eyeshadow all over your lid. Remember to tap off excess shadow from your brush to prevent fallout.
- Using a thinner brush, apply the same eyeshadow on your lower lash line.
- Using a business card, align it with the lower lash line eyeshadow & end of your eyebrow tail. You can also use sellotape (after getting off the extra stickiness on the back of your hand first), but a business card is better if you don't want to spoil your foundation. [If you don't want the edge, you can just make it rounded without the business card.]
- Press the business card like you would a ruler & apply black eyeshadow on that area between the edge & black shadow. Decide on the shape you want- you can even apply it straight up for that winged look *It was difficult for me to hold camera, card & brush at once, so it's off there. But you get the idea.
- Remove business card. You should see a crisp line.
- Tightline your upper lash line with black kohl pencil.
- Also line your lower lash line going all the way to the tear duct area.
- Blending time: Using a light brown matte eyeshadow blend the black eyeshadow edges using window wiper & swirling motions. Blending Tutorial
- Also blend the black eyeshadow on lower lash line with the same brown eyeshadow.
- Here, you just fill in any gaps with a liner brush or the same pencil brush.
- This is optional. You can use a light shimmery shade to highlight your brow bone.
- Curl lashes & apply black mascara on top & lower lashes. See how mascara opened up the eye? Mascara rocks!
Blogger : Sunrise
Photo : source