Saturday, April 25, 2015

Classic Everyday Makeup Style - Makeup Chic

Advertisement


Classic Everyday Makeup Style - Makeup Chic

Every morning when I wake up, I like to wash my face immediately... well, immediately after I grab my coffee.  It helps me wake up and get a jump start on the day.  I follow that with a moisturizer with SPF all over my face, and a soothing eye cream to help with dark circles.  I am totally and completely in love with my eye cream.  It is Clinique All About Eyes and I use it in the morning and before bed at night.

When it's makeup time, I start with a little concealer on any blemishes or red spots.  Right now I am using Maybelline Cover Stick in fair, but I change up my concealer quite a bit.  I run a little bit of Stila Brighten & Correct Concealer under my eyes and gently blend in.  As a working girl, mama, and lover of late nights, having a good under-eye concealer is really important for me.  I finish this off with some powder all over my face.  My absolute favorite powder is Mary Kay loose powder in Ivory 2.  It's an old faithful that I always find myself coming back to.
I then move onto my eye area.  I start by combing and lightly filling in my brows with a brow pencil.  I have about a lifetime supply of Sephora brand eyebrow pencils that I snagged on sale. (Hooray!)  I like to sport the cat eye look most days, so I line my eyelids with Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner in Blackest Black.

I never used to curl my lashes, but once I started I never stopped.  For me, I found that curling my lashes really opens up the eye and makes my lashes more noticeable, which I like.  After the lashes have been curled, I apply mascara.  I've been using Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama lately.  I'm actually just finishing up my first tube, but it's been pretty good to me.  I finish my eyes by lining my bottom eyelids/lashes with a touch of dark eyeshadow on a flat bristled brush.  If I'm going out I may use some pretty, shimmery eyeshadow, but for everyday wear I typically skip it.

Blush is another really important beauty product for me.  I will often use a cream blush, but lately I've been really liking Radiant Cosmetics powder blush.  I've been alternating between Apricot Mist and Harlowe Pink.  Even on days that I don't wear other makeup at all, I will still sweep a little blush on my cheeks.  Growing up I always heard that flushed cheeks make you look like you're full of life.  I guess that stuck with me.

I always finish my makeup routine with something on my lips, whether it be a bright red lipstick or tinted lip balm.  My go-to lip balm is Sugar Lip Treatment in Passion.  I use it most days.

Blogger : Sunrise
Photo : source


Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment