Friday, April 10, 2015

5 WEDDING MAKEUP TUTORIALS

Advertisement


5 WEDDING MAKEUP TUTORIALS

About a month before my husband and I were due to exchange our wedding vows, a friend asked me if I had done a trial run with my makeup artist, and when I told her I didn’t think it was necessary, she almost slapped me across the face before reminding me that I had shown up looking like a hooker on her wedding day thanks to a department store makeup artist who (very) obviously didn’t know what she was doing.
Now, I (really) hate admitting when I’m wrong, but after looking through the pictures from her wedding day, I knew she had a good point and decided to make an appointment with my makeup artist for the following Saturday.
And I’m so glad I did.
You see, I was a lot more conservative back then, and while my mother-in-law insisted I looked gorgeous after my first trial run, I felt it was way too over-the-top and I was relieved we had time to play around with different colors and looks before my husband and I exchanged our vows.
Of course, I was so stinking excited on the morning of my wedding that I didn’t really care how I looked, but if I could go back in time and do it all over again, I would take the time to research wedding makeup tutorials online and test them out on myself to get a better idea of what I do and do not like.
Which is exactly what I did on Sunday night while my husband was watching his zombie shows.
(Even though he thinks the idea of renewing our vows for our 10-year anniversary seems silly.)
I lost count of how many different tutorials I watched that night (I may or may not have been drinking wine at the time…), but the ones below are my favorites. Some are dramatic, while others are a little more understated, and if you only have time to watch ONE tutorial, I highly recommend watching the first one as it is JAM-PACKED with tips and tricks for creating the perfect look for your special day.
Good luck!

1. In Depth Bridal Tutorial + Lots Of Tips & Tricks by Jaclyn Hill

If you only have time to watch ONE tutorial from this collection, this is the one to watch. It is FILLED with fantastic tips and tricks, and I absolutely love the finished look. I learned so many things from this video, and I have to agree with Jaclyn that the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel is to die for!

2. Bridal Makeup Tutorial by Sona Gasparian

If you’re looking for a more dramatic look for your eyes, Sona has you covered. She opts for a more dramatic, smokey look, but I feel it’s timeless and appropriate for a wedding. Oh, and I am SO curious about the Oro Gold 24k Gold Vitamin C Booster Facial Serum she uses prior to applying foundation. It seems to do a great job of illuminating and brightening the skin, but check out the price!!!

3. Down the Aisle : Wedding Makeup by em michelle phan

If you aren’t really into makeup, but still want to look your best on your big day, you will LOVE this tutorial. I think it’s a great look for casual, outdoor weddings, and I love how simple and elegant it is!

4. Bridal Makeup Tutorial by Lauren Curtis

If you prefer a more natural look, but don’t want to appear washed out in your wedding pictures, this tutorial is for you. My biggest takeaways from this tutorial were to avoid primers and foundations with SPF in them because they can create that horrendous “flashback” look in photos, and to save my pennies so I can buy the Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Palette. Lauren raves about it, it makes her face look spectacular, and the reviews on Amazon are amazing!

5. Bridal Makeup Tutorial LONG LASTING FULL Face by Carli Bybel

I love how neutral and shimmery this look is, and even though I’m already married and we don’t have any weddings to attend this summer, you better believe I’ll be testing this look out!

Blogger : Sunrise
Photo : source


Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment